Yeehaw





My weekend was spent with girl scouts and their moms at The Rawhide Ranch. In all honesty, I was not at all looking forward to it. I'm so glad that I went. It was such a great way to spend time with Charlotte, and watching her learn so much about horsemanship, in such a short period of time, brought tears to my eyes (she was vaulting by day two = gymnastics on a barebacked horse . Crazy.) If you live in the Southern California area, I highly recommend spending a weekend or more here. 

...........................................................................................................

some shots from the weekend.......



This was my packing. I figured I'd be bored out of my mind. I never cracked open one of these magazines. ( I also never wore the faux fur vest- too hot )



The ranch's 'campus': Ye Olde Western Towne ( a little like a sound stage, totally fun for the girls to peek into the windows )

wall details



  I needed a little alone time, and so snuck off to my car for a bit of dozing in the shade.




 Aren't these so cute?

 I guess these are called LaManchas. They have no, outer ear and I'm totally in love with them. I spent most of my time at the goat pen. I came home and announced to Nick that at some point, we need goats. They're SO CUTE. Kind of dog like.





I don't know what this is. It wouldn't fly it was just walking really fast. Definitely gets the best dressed award for the weekend.

Comments

Karena said…
How great Megan, I think sometimes the things we really don't want to do end up being super experiences!!

Love those goats!!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena
Water Pump said…
I like the rustic look in your pictures...truly vintage.
Anonymous said…
Megan-
So sweet! I love goats also , but never heard of these with no outer ears. One thing I missed in life since I didn't have kids is getting to do this kind of stuff. Teri

Popular Posts