art for a perfectly rainy day

A weird thing happened today here in LA. Great, dark, clouds, rolled in over the ocean and out of them fell.....water. 
Cars came to a halt, freeway ramps closed due to accidents, meetings were canceled. Weird stuff. 
I think I remember it's called 'rain' or something. Of course it only lasted for about 10 minutes and then everything went back to being sparkly and, well LA-ish.
When I saw the work of artist Aliette it seemed the perfect art for a gorgeous wet, gray moody day with a touch of cheerful whimsy.

Comments

Jen Beaudet said…
I love the art you posted, especially the last one. I'm from LA too. Now I live in Northern CA. How I long for those 10 min rain rainstorms! LA has the best weather on earth!
Ivy Lane said…
loving the last image!

enjoy the rain!!!
Unknown said…
I love this!!! I am sitting in Atlanta where it has been raining for months. What a great inspiration. Thanks!
-Allison
oOoOO said…
images and WORDS oh so evocative! a joyful add to my day... thank you Megan!
Greet Lefèvre said…
Megan,
The paintings are beautiful, a little bit naief!
And yes I can imagine that they are perfect fitting in a "watery" day!

Greet
Anonymous said…
I am also a fan of Aliette's art - she is very talented and I love that slightly surreal style of hers.

Weather! Aaah it can be strange indeed. Sydney has had the most freakish weather spells in the last month with extremes going all directions - from 34C to 14C the next, red dust storms to clear skies, drought and warnings of bush fires to torrential rain for a whole week... The world is aching..

xCharlottah
ME and Blue said…
wow! Great artwork to convey the misty mood here in LA. Nice meeting you tonight at the Blog Out Loud event. M.E.

Popular Posts